Friday, November 2, 2007

Lack of Judgement

"But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints." Ephesians 5:3


In placing a video clip that had a direct sexual reference in it, I realize I could be sending a message that would be confusing to somebody. I stand for the highest level of purity in my life and in the lives of those that the Lord has called me to pastor; therefore, I have taken down the clip.

In a world filled with confusing messages about sex and sexuality, we must stand for purity in our lives and the lives of our Christian brothers and sisters. We are bombarded with images and ideas about how the world views sex on television, in movies, and in print. "The Office" is a show that I watch and enjoy, but that doesn't guarantee that it is free from this worldly perspective on sex. God calls us to be wise and discerning in all we watch, say, read, and do. We need to be very careful about what we are hearing and ultimately how we translate these worldy messages into our own lives.

I pray for Godly wisdom and discerment in every area of my life and thank the Lord for a brother in Christ that loves me enough to exhort me and push me toward love and good deeds (Heb 10:24).

No comments: